Thursday, July 3, 2014

staying put

In anticipation of our home selling, we starting to look for a slightly bigger place to rent than our current basement apartment. I can not find anything. At all. Yesterday, we went to look at a trailer home that was supposed to be in an ideal location up in the canyon, with plenty of "lawn" for the kids to run around, and was 3 bedroom. After going through the trailer, both Ryan and I agreed that we had an ominous feeling about the place. Perhaps it was the broken doors (or lack of in the case of the kids room)... or the duct tape holding things together... or the "lawn" that really was weeds. And they wanted 900. We both decided we would rather be in a tiny, basement apartment for 3-5 years if it meant we could save enough to build our dream home.

So, here is what we are thinking for our dream home, and no, it will not be western themed inside:
 this one seems pretty practical.
this one is just awesome.
 
I love the open, centrally focused floor plans of log style homes. I also like how they are efficient in their use of space, and have such a simple beauty to them. Our plan is to save enough for a 20%+ down payment on a 15 year mortgage, and have the monthly payments be 25% of our monthly take home. Yes. I follow Dave Ramsey. :)

No comments:

Blog Archive