I was bending over the creek, pulling the hoses through the trees on the other side of the creek, when a branch snagged my glasses and kerplop! they were gone. No time to react, just gone. I panicked and dropped down to feel the creek bed, hoping they sank, but as soon as I plunged my arms into the cold water I knew that the current had swept them away.
I ran up and down the creek to the storm drain, hoping I would see them through the murky water. You know, without the aid of my glasses to see through the murky water. I realized I would have to walk up and down the entire creek bed feeling with my hands, and hoping and praying that they snagged on something. It was not pleasant.
After going up and down it twice, I finally found them under the gate that separates the front yard from the back yard (the second time I had searched under there). I was reaching far under and felt a piece of them and about burst into tears.
I'm grateful that my prayer was answered. With the amount of things that I have lost over the years, with the same kerplop type suddenness, it was nice to find that important item when I prayed for it. Especially when you can't afford to replace them.
1 comment:
Wow, you have incredible faith. I admit I probably would have just walked away, hopelessly! I am so glad you found them, and that your prayer was answered!
Post a Comment