Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Patina Artist

I love plans and lists, but most often things work out much differently than planned.

I have the opportunity to possibly be a Patina Artist at a renowned Bronze Foundry here in Lander. Although I had no intentions of working, this is one of those opportunities that Ryan and I both feel I shouldn't pass up. Tomorrow is my interview, and I'm fairly certain, based on the reactions of the people at the foundry, that I have a very good chance of landing the job. If I get the job, I'm pretty sure I will love it, and it will help me to be a better 2-D artist as well.

Here is a video of what my job would entail. Seriously, one of the coolest jobs out there:

It will be full time, but I will be able to come in pretty early in the mornings once I am trained, and therefore I will get off of work in the early afternoon. Violet is at the age where she really wants to be around other children, and I was not looking forward to both of us being cooped up all winter. I know that she will LOVE being in preschool/daycare, however I am still a little worried. We will see how it goes, and take it one day at a time to see if it will or won't work out. Having me work will help us get completely out of debt (including Ryan's student loan) by February--this brings me immense peace. Because of the way I grew up, I feel very strongly about the importance and need for being self sufficient, and financially stable.

I don't know that I will stay at this job forever, we will just see how it goes.  I want to be that parent who is home at lunch so the kids can bring friends home, to create that kind of loving, safe environment where all the children would want to hang out there--so that we can be involved and influential in our children's lives.

I will still be working on my painting. I have peace about it, and know that everything will work out. I actually think things will go better, because I will be forced to organize my time so that everything will get taken care of. Plus, Ryan will help out around the house as well, so things will work out.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Finally getting caught up on blogs. This is all so exciting! Isn't the gospel awesome?? I love the peace that we can feel, as a silent but almost tangible answer to prayer. Good luck!

Blog Archive