My camera is ready
The studio lights are ready
I am itching to get this done~ I am so excited
A man in our bishopric was so incredibly kind as to volunteer, without me asking, to let me use his professional lights for my photo shoot tonight. He spent an hour or so last night setting them up with me on the stage at the church, and then spent time with me today getting my camera ready to use. He went to school for photography, and did it professionally for a while, but switched careers to education, and is now a principal at a school for children with learning and behavioral problems. He refuses to charge for his photography, because then it becomes tedious and stressful, so instead he does it occasionally for friends and family just for personal enjoyment. I am so grateful to him, this is a tremendous gift to an artist. I'm thinking that I will do a painting some time for his family as a thank you. I wish he could take the pictures himself, however my model is very self conscious, so even though I know she would agree if I asked her because she is so kind, I know it would make her extremely uncomfortable. This way will work though.
So, I have been following several artists, and seeing how they handle the process of posing a model and drawing/painting/photographing them. One thing I noted was that they provided yummy food to make it a more enjoyable experience for the model. So I am making these: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/194217802651977282/
and then I'll have something yummy to drink... and maybe make some lemon bars because I have been craving them for a long time.
I am so excited, because this painting is coming along so professionally! My confidence in the outcome is growing with each day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment