Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Much needed warm weather and beautiful spring color











Today I realized how much this long winter affected me. I went for a drive with Ethan and Kambree today, and as I was driving I was noticing all the trees that are finally starting to get green on them, the flowers that are finally coming up, and the pretty flowering trees that are blooming, and I realized that this last winter seemed like it was longer than normal. Yesterday we had near 80 degree weather, and it seems just as warm today, but it is expected that it will drop down 30-40 degrees today and tomorrow and we might get snow. Winter really does seem to affect my mood, and now that it is warming up outside and everything is getting beautiful color again I feel a lot happier. There are 4 peonie bushes coming up in front of my house, and almost all of my pots and planters have things growing in them, so I'm excited for them all to bloom out.

2 comments:

jlbunting.com said...

hmm, whatever happened to global warming? It was really warm here last weekend too - in the 90's and even over 100 in some places. But it has cooled down a bit. It was still 75 last night at 9:30 so I guess it hasn't cooled down that much! I have missed the snow this year. Next winter I will have to take a trip home so I can enjoy some of it.
Becky

Jenni said...

I agree with you Andrea. I start to crave sunshine after the many months of winter. I'm so excited for this summer because we have a few opportunities to see your little family and play out in the warm summer weather.

Blog Archive