Thursday, May 8, 2008

baby food and baby gates

Two days ago I decided to re-organize my pantry, as it was getting a little out of hand. As I was stacking canned goods I came accross three jars of baby food. Ethan refuses to eat the creamed baby food as it is anymore, but I didn't want to throw it out. Today for lunch I came up with a great idea of how to get him to eat it. I discovered recently that Ethan loves green beans, esp. with a little cream of mushroom soup, and cheese melted in. So, I decided to try and mix in a little of one of the jars of baby food and see if he would eat it, and he did! I'm going to have to think of other foods i can mix the stuff into so that i can get him to eat these last jars of food. I had heard of mixing creamed veggies like carrots into spaghetti sauce to get vegetables into your children, so I'm thinking I might start doing that a little bit.













I finally have both of my new baby gates installed, and I love them. It's so nice not to have Ethan or Kambree in the kitchen. It's also nice that they are confined to the living room area, it's much easier to keep that area child proof. I took a picture of Ethan and Kambree at the gate, I thought it was kind of cute because you would think they were in jail. :) They both have gotten used to it though, and are pretty good about playing in the living room and not getting too upset about being locked out of the kitchen and dining room.

No comments: