Thursday, May 29, 2008

6 random things about me

I was tagged by Jenni to do this e-mail, so I thought it would be fun to do this.

1. I LOVE good chinese food. Unfortunately I haven't had any really good chinese/vietnamese/etc. food since I've been in the Seattle area. There was an oriental resturant that I went to with my grandma once on a trip to Seattle, and their food was amazing, especially the fried prawns...mmmm....makes me hungry just thinking about it.
2. I love to cook good food. I like findng really good recipes and fixing them, like Creamy Spinach (or broccoli) and Tortellini or a new one I've discovered, a recipe for Oriental Orange Chicken (I've allready blogged about the tortellin dish, so maybe some time I'll add the Orange Chicken recipe). I also like to tweak recipes to make them taste better.
3. I want to write and illustrate children's books. It's something that i'm continually working at and someday soon I hope it will all come together.
4. I like growing things, like flowers and plants. Someday when we own a house I'm going to go crazy planting stuff in the yard, like flowers and trees. Right now I have 10 pots with flowers and plants in them... though i'm a little worried about my rose bush, i'm afraid it might not have survived the winter.... (ryan thinks it's an ugly bush, so he's hoping it died).
5. When I was a kid I wanted to create something- it didn't matter what. I was constantly coming up with new ideas of what to make, none of which worked out. There was the "igloo" made of plywood and other excess supplies my Dad had from being a contractor (I sat in the igloo for about 5 minutes until i discovered it was being invaded by earwigs); the "slip and slide" made out of black garbage bags, and held down by rocks- that was painful; the "sprinkler"- made using a plastic bottle with holes poked in it- the water wouldn't shoot out , it just leaked out of the holes and down the sides of the bottle. I would try to sew dresses and clothes and halloween costumes, and they never turned out right. I didn't want to follow a pattern, I wanted to do it my own way. My Mom would try to teach me to do it the right way, but I didn't have the patience to learn to do them right.
6. My favorite memory ever was the day I had Ethan. I woke up that morning around 4 or so because the contractions were getting really painful. We went into the hospital around 8 or 9, it was a beautiful sunny sunday morning, and there was barely any traffic (it being sunday morning in Utah). Once they gave me the epideral I was so comfortable, which was nice after 9 months of being uncomfortable. I laid there for most of the day just thinking about my little boy who was about to come, while Ryan read a book. I only had to push for about 20 minutes. As they wheeled me to my room, I held Ethan on my lap and he sucked on my finger. It was so sureal to all of a sudden have this small baby that you were in charge of, and responsible for. The day we left the hospital, I was waiting in my hopsital room for Ryan to pick my mom up from the airport. I picked Ethan up from his little bassonet tray thing, and held him while looking out the window at the beautiful sunset. It had lightly snowed durning the night, and the mountains were lightly covered in snow, and it was all so beautiful, with the bautiful sunset behind the mountains, and it was starting to rain a little. It was definately the best two days of my whole life. Ryan doesn't understand, because he remembers the gross parts of it all, and I remember that, but my little boy was worth all of that.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

oh, thank you for doing this post. I definitely learned some new things about you. And thank you both for coming and helping my Dad out with his roof. Ryan was amazing up there and I loved seeing you and Ethan (he is even cuter in person).