Wednesday, April 9, 2008
my little butter flinger
My smart little boy has grown taller.... yay... meaning he can reach into more drawers and also reach more stuff on the counters or stove. The other day I left the kitchen for a moment, and came back to find that Ethan had pulled the tub of butter, which I had just taken out of the fridge, off the counter and was flinging butter everywhere. Later I was making biscuits, and so I had the container of flour on the kitchen table. Apparently it wasn't far enough back on the table and he was able to pull it down and get it on himself and a little on the floor before I got to him. Today he opened one of my top drawers in the kitchen and pulled out the plastic wrap and started pulling it out of the box, and when I took that away from him, he proceeded to the silverware drawer... oh, and he's also learned to climb. So, I've decided I want to buy two child gates to keep him out of the kitchen and dining room. I'm running out of places to move the stuff to in the kitchen so he can't reach it, and I don't like that he can reach the top of stove. I've looked at baby gates before, online, but I don't really know what gate to get. the gates would have to be from 28" for one door way, to 36-39" for the other (expanding gates would be best I think). I would love it if someone knew something about baby gates and had any advice as to which kind to get. I want the gate to be sturdy enough that Ethan won't be able to get past it (he's a determined boy). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, he is into everything. Sounds like he is just trying to help you cook. :-) Lizzie climbs on things but she isn't quite tall enough to reach things on the counters, thank heavens. I'm not sure what to say about the gate thing. I just have a plastic one that expands - it was the cheapest one at walmart at the time and I really haven't used it much. I didn't love it.
Hi Andrea,
I like the picture up top. Is that the football toybox that Ryan got for his birthday one year? For some reason I have this memory of going over for his birthday party and he got that toybox.
Post a Comment