Easter weekend turned out to be really nice. Saturday Ryan, Ethan and I drove down to Boise. We hung out with Brandon, Ryan's brother who lives and goes to school in Boise. We went shopping in the mall, and then went to dinner at the Olive Garden. The next morning we went to the temple to see my sister's choir sing. it wasn't what I was expecting, but it was still nice to do something special on Easter morning. It was FREEZING cold, so we ended up taking Ethan inside the stake center. Ryan walked around the building with him, and I sat in one of the classrooms listening through the windows to the choir. It was just too cold to stay outside. A lot of people came prepared for the cold- all bundled up, with huge blankets and thermoses, so I figure they muscome every year to the performance. It was a monologue-type presentation on Christ's life from birth to ressurection, which was nice, but I would have prefered if they had just sang songs about Christ the whole time, like "I Believe In Christ", etc. It was nice to go though.
After the choir performance we headed back to Jerome, where we ate lunch at Ryan's parents house. Joan had fixed a really nice ham dinner, so that was fun. Later we went back to our house, and had some friends over for dinner. I made Chicken Cordon Bleu and it turned out pretty good. It was fun to have my friend Charity and her husband and son over. Next year I plan on doing the whole Easter basket and egg hunt, but this year Ethan is still young enough that he wouldn't know what was going on.
3 comments:
I am always so excited to read comments on my blog so I wanted to comment on yours- - - thank you so much for commenting on mine! I am glad you guys had a good Easter too . . even if it was a bit chilly! :) How have you been? How is Ryan's new job! Miss ya and love ya!
Paigey
Hi Andrea,
I saw your comment on MarJean's blog so decided to check yours. I'm "at lunch" so I scanned down real quick. I had to stop when I saw the word seizure. I hadn't heard about that. Has Ethan had any others? I hope he is doing better.
When you have time you can visit my blog...jlbunting.com. I don't have cute kid pictures but John writes some interesting things sometimes.
Becky
I asked Margie so I better ask you...do you mind if I put your link on my blogroll? I want to keep up to date on what's going on with you all.
Becky
Post a Comment