Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Sad Day
I only have a moment to write this post, so I apologize that it is brief. Yesterday Ethan had a seizure while I was holding him making his bottle. I called 911, and then ryan. By the time they arrived he was finally making noises again. We took him to the Pediatrician, and everything looked fine, and they told us they guessed it was probably induced by his fever. Last night he had another seizure, and we planned on taking him in for a ct scan today. At lunch the poor little guy had another seizure, so the pediatrician told us to take him to the emergency room, as they would be able to get him in to get his scans and tests sooner than planned. he had another seixyre at the hospital while we were waiting to get the ct scan. It is horrible, feeling so out of control, knowing there is nothing you can do to stop it, and watching his poor little body shake and move like that. As of right now, they don't know what is causing the seizures, they are waiting for test results to come back and they will be running some more. They are keeping him overnight, so they can keep him medicated (to prevent the seizures) and to keep him hydrated, and just monitor him. I came home to get something to eat, and some stuff for staying over night, and I hope you all will keep him in your prayers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The poor little thing. I hope they find out soon why it's happening. I don't know how you are coping I don't know what I would do. I'm praying for you guys. Thanks for updating us.
Thanks for letting us know. We'll keep him and your family in our prayers.
Good luck with everything Andrea. I know it will all be ok. Isn't modern medicine a miracle? We will keep Ethan and you and Ryan in our prayers. We love ya! Let us know what you find out.
Post a Comment