Thursday, January 10, 2008
No Sleep
Ethan woke up crying at 1:30 this morning. I groaned and waited for a minute or so, hoping he would go back to sleep, but he didn't so i got out of bed and went into the kitchen to make him a bottle. i put the milk in the microwave and went to his room to get him. Unfortunately when i walked in the room i smelled it, and sure enough he had thrown up all over his bed. yay. so i called ryan to come get him and I cleaned the bed, put new sheets and blankets in it, and scrubbed the carpet as best as i could. Ryan had cleaned ethan up and they were watching Shrek 2, which for some reason is Ethan's favorite movie- it calms him down instantly every time. I took him from him, and ryan went back to bed while i started to feed him, hoping he would fall asleep quickly and not throw up again. No such luck. He threw up all over me and the couch. So, I called ryan out again to take Ethan, while i had to take off my sopping pajamas, jump into the shower, and then get dressed and clean up the mess on the carpet and couch. Ryan put ethan into the bath tub- the poor little guy had gotten it all over his face and in his eyes. So, once i was ready, again, I took Ethan, and Ryan went back to bed, and Ethan and I settled on the couch to watch shrek. after about an hour, when ethan was still awake and refusing to go back to bed, i decided to attempt to feed him again, but I was afraid to give him too much, so I think he maybe got about 4 oz or so. FINALLY around 4:45 he fell asleep, and I went to bed. 5:30- he wakes up screaming. He didn't want to be held, but he didn't want to get down, he didn't want me to sit down but he didn't want me to stand either- he just kept crying. ryan came out to try to help calm him but he wouldn't calm down. so, i put shrek in again, and he calmed down some. Ryan went back to bed, and I laid back down on the couch with Ethan sitting on top of me. He would wiggle and fuss every couple of seconds, and I was beginning to think he wasn't going to goback to sleep, when he finally laid his head down on my chest and fell asleep. Right in time for ryans alarm to go off (6:30). Luckily, though, ethan didn't hear the alarm, and I was able to get him into bed and get back to bed myself. So, i'm tired. Brandon is coming to visit tonight, so I need to straighten up my house (it's actually pretty clean, except the kitchen, and some general straightening up to do around the house) but i'm tired, and I need to wash another load of towels and clothes- courtesy of ethan throwing up....and clean the guest bathroom where all the nasty stuff from last night is piled- and i just want to lay down and watch a movie and go to sleep. You haven't lived i guess untill you have a kid throw up on you.... or something. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(72)
-
▼
January
(14)
- The other day we got our gas bill, and we about ha...
- Ethan is the proud owner of two new teeth, so now ...
- This is ethan being cute one day. he had been sick...
- President Hinkley
- changing my blog
- Dancing with the girls
- Protesting Eating
- My Cute Jeans
- Ethan is being really sweet today. we spent the mo...
- My fun plans
- Levi's coming home
- No Sleep
- Creamy Spinach (or Broccoli) and Tortellini
- so, Ethan and I are both sick. He was really fussy...
-
▼
January
(14)
1 comment:
The poor little guy. I think I might try Shrek2 with Lizzie and see if she is interested in it. Lizzie was throwing up like that last week and the Dr. told me to try feeding her a teaspoon of water every 5 minutes if she is continuously vomiting anything you give them. She wouldn't do it for me but maybe it will work for Ethan. I hope he starts to feel better soon.
Post a Comment