One of Ryans cousins, Carrie at http://madebybedtimetales.blogspot.com/, was sweet and awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. I would like to pass the award onto some of my favorite sites. I'm changing the rules of the award a little bit, and I'm just going to put some of my favorite artistic bloggers on here- some of them are pretty up there in the art world so I'm not expecting them to respond, but thats completely fine with me.
1. Lizzy House at http://lizzyhouse.typepad.com/lizzyhouse/
The author of this site is a professional fine art printmaker, and a commercial textile designer. The fabric she has designed is beautiful, and her confidence in herself is an inspiration to me. If you are a quilter, or enjoy sewing, or creating really in any way her site is a good place to go to.
2. Jon Klassen at http://burstofbeaden.com/coraline.html and http://www.jonklassen.blogspot.com/
I LOVE the beautiful animation and artwork that was done for the movie Coraline. I was googling the artwork and found Jon Klassen's site, who had done some artwork for the movie. His style is beautiful and unique, and I found the coraline site helpful just in how to choose colors. I love going to his blog to see new artwork he has made.
3. Sarah Mensinga at http://sarahmensinga.blogspot.com/
Sarah's art is definately my favorite out of all of the art sites I follow. She does mostly illustration from what I can tell, and it is beautiful and inspiring. I think I originally discovered her site through illustrations she had done for Drawer Geeks. Her artwork has such beautiful lines and color combinations. Her artwork is so gorgeous. Some may think that llustration is not sophisticated, but to see the work artists are coming out with you would be amazed at how refined and beautiful illustration can be. I haven't taken a class yet on how to do color in artwork, so I have to learn as I go, so when I see her artwork and how beautiful her color schemes are, I am amazed.
4. Drawer Geeks at http://www.drawergeeks.com/
This is a wonderful site where someone posts a list of words, and artists can choose a word and illustrate it. This site helps build artists creativity, for those times when they can't think of what to draw or paint. I love looking at the wide range of styles in the artwork that is posted, and I find that it helps greatly sometimes with my creativity.
1 comment:
Oh, it was SO fun to peruse through these blogs!!! The illustration ones are fantastic. Becky and I want to do a little more with illustration, I think. I just love art. Thanks for sharing. ;)
Post a Comment