Monday, July 19, 2010

Something calming about going small.

I saw this video clip on Yahoo today, and I found it pretty cool.

www.vitality.yahoo.com/video-second-act-jay-shafer-20910192

There is something really calming for me about the idea of going small when it comes to homes. I guess it makes me feel like that the wasted space is done away with, and also you can't collect as much "stuff" in a small home. It looks liberating. Sometimes your "stuff" can weigh you down.

I wouldn't want to go as small as this man did (I like room to move around, esp. with children), but I like the idea of designing a comfortable home that had places for everything, and do away with wasted space and junk. I've always dreamed of someday having a home where every thing you owned had a space, and you didn't have piles of anything anywhere. Of course being good at organizing and cleaning would make a difference regardless of the size of the home. I'm working at being better at cleaning and organizing so that I will have a beautiful home some day. Going small on your house would also mean that you would have more money for the extra things you want to do or have, for me that is landscaping and beautiful furniture, or traveling, along with the expenses that children bring along.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I think I would get claustrophobic in a place like that.

andreamichelle said...

It is definately too tiny for me also, but I like the idea of not having wasted space.

CK said...

I can totally relate. I have seen a video about a little house like that. The lady who lived in it could see the stars every night because she slept in the little roof. That seemed appealing to me... to look up and see the night sky.

Blog Archive