Friday, July 30, 2010

Part 2: about me

1. I grew up in Washington and I really miss it. It is a beautiful state to live in. If I get the chance there are multiple places I would want to live, or at least travel to. Once I took the amtrack train over Stevens Pass, and it was breath taking, and you go through Leavenworth which is a little Bavarian style tourist towns that looks straight out of the Alps. I would love to live in the Seattle area, there are so many cool places to go and see such as museums, AMAZING resturants, and for nature you have the cascades, ocean, rainforest, lakes, rivers, etc. It is SO beautiful there.

2. I love making home made pies. A home made pie is a beautiful thing. Now I'm hungry....

3. I love making stuff. I was always trying to make stuff as a kid. 2 things I would love to learn how to do is re-upholstering furniture and carpentry/woodworking

4. I would love to write a book someday.

5. My favorite memory with Ryan was when we went on a canoe trip the summer of 04 (we were married in 05) with a group from BYU-I. It was a fun trip and I want to do something like that again only just have it be Ryan and I.

6. I broke my arm 4 times by the age of 18, 1- falling out of the cherry tree 2-lost my balance and fell, on carpet, in my room. 3- repeated #2 exactly a year later 3-rollerblading

7. My favorite memory of my family life as a child was going camping. Dad would come home and say "we are going camping" and we would pack everything up and drive several hours north to the mountains. It was always stressfull packing to go and coming back, but the in-between part was wonderful. We roughed it in sleeping bags and tents, and for meals it was the basic camping style food of hot dogs with smores for desert. We would pick blue berries in the morning to put in the pancakes. I hated breakfast, cause Dad always burnt the pancakes and left the insides gooey. Nasty, I still wiggle thinking about it. I loved camping, the 7 of us kids would go through the forests following Dad and find the creek to go fishing in. I have a lot of good memories of camping, and some pretty wild memories like the time when sarah stepped on a hornets nest, and we had to drag her and levi out of there because they were getting stung so much that they panicked and wouldn't move. Sarah sat down in the middle of it, and I remember Heather grabbed one of their hands and just took off running, over logs and bushes. Sarah went into shock and was given a blessing by Dad and a nearby camper who turned out to be a Bishop or something, and she turned out better off than Levi whose face turned out more swollen than Sarah's. fun stuff.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I don't think I have ever made a pie before. The whole crust thing freaks me out, even though you can buy them. I like crumbles and cobblers.

CK said...

These points were awesome! I love hearing about your camping trip and your favorite memory with Ryan. Very fun.

My name is Becka said...

Holy cow, the bee story is scary. I don't like bees.
I like their honey.

and I love how you say you 'still wiggle' just thinking about the pancakes. That's a fun way to put things :)

Blog Archive