I've been having more days lately where I am very happy with life. There are still the unhappy things in life, but there are also a lot of things that are happy right now. I LOVE my house. Doing yardwork makes me love it more, it's an in-expensive way of working towards a goal, so I feel like I'm accomplishing something even though I can't afford to do everything at once. I might have ugly flooring, but the grass in my backyard is growing, my veggie garden is miraculously growing, my flowers are growing, and I've saved my Dogwood tree (it's pretty bare looking, but it's alive).
Today I was mowing the grass/weeds in the backyard and there were about 6 giant dragonflys buzzing around the yard. They stayed for over an hour, and Ethan had fun chasing them around the yard. It's nice to have perfectly content moments in life.
I've decided it's not always about seeing the good in trials, but seeing the good in spite of trials. Saturday Ryan, Ethan and I went jet skiing by ourselves on the snake and it was a nice moment, where I thought how much I love my small imperfect family.
My goals have changed over the last 5 years. Origionally I had an agenda of what I thought I needed to do/accomplish/have in order to be be a good person. My new goal is just to be a happy family. I figure if we can accomplish being a happy family we are doing a lot better than most right?
I've decided it's not always about seeing the good in trials, but seeing the good in spite of trials. Saturday Ryan, Ethan and I went jet skiing by ourselves on the snake and it was a nice moment, where I thought how much I love my small imperfect family.
My goals have changed over the last 5 years. Origionally I had an agenda of what I thought I needed to do/accomplish/have in order to be be a good person. My new goal is just to be a happy family. I figure if we can accomplish being a happy family we are doing a lot better than most right?
3 comments:
I think that's the best goal of all!
This is a beautiful post, Andrea. I love that first picture of Ethan SOOO much! And I can't believe the dragon flies stayed for so long!
Andrea, your blog is so refreshing. It is so nice to read such honest posts that are so hopeful and optimistic. I keep finding quotes from your blog that you write that I copy and paste to my desktop to remind me to keep my head on straight.
thanks.
Post a Comment