Wednesday, May 14, 2008

More

Tonight I was feeding ethan pieces of popcorn chicken, and I got him to sign, on his own, the word for more- and he did it twice!! This is the first thing he has signed, so I was pretty happy. He's going to be having a speech therapist come to our house to help him with his speech and communication. Seeing him finally sign something today gave me hope that it won't be long until he says his first word. He has also learned to wave good bye- when Kambree goes to leave he will tentatively wave, and today when the speech/developmental lady went to leave he waved to her all on his own without me telling him to. I know this might not seem like that big of a deal, but it is nice to see him learning and progressing.

3 comments:

Zach said...

I know exactly how you feel. It is amazing when they finally start to communicate with you!

Murdock Family said...

That's wonderful Andrea! Keep it up with that sign language . . . it is amazing how much they can understand and then they can start communicating it back! I love it! My mom works with a lot of kids preschool age and they even use it there. . . it really helps with language development.

So how are things? Keith and Jackson and I move to Philadelphia at the end of July/1st week of August. It's crazy how close it is! We are getting excited but we will miss being so close to our families.

jlbunting.com said...

It's so neat how little ones can learn to communicate like that. I was babysitting a little girl in our ward and she did the sign for "more" a lot. I'm sure it's a lifesaver for the parents but for me it was just plain adorable!