Saturday, November 1, 2014

moments of beauty

We have been blessed with smart, kind, beautiful children. Sometimes I just marvel at the miracle my children are. Sometimes I let Violet fall asleep in my bed with me, and I enjoy holding her close like when she was a baby, and think that these days are so fleeting and someday soon they will be all grown up and I will severely miss this. Between the temper tantrums, and difficult days there are moments of pure beauty. Recently I was struggling with my inadequacies as a parent, and I overheard Ethan proudly telling his friend how his mom was funny and would play with him. I realized that at the end of my life, the greatest compliment I could get from my children wouldn't be that I kept an immaculate home, or that I was super organized, but that I made them feel loved.  It made it a little less of a big deal to me that I struggle in other areas. 




1 comment:

ShelbySpear said...

My heart melted, your kids are so cute!

Blog Archive