This sculpture by Benjamin Victor of Delilah is in my opinion
the best sculpture I have as of yet seen come through the foundry. I am completely in awe of it every time I walk by it, and am kind of sad to see it be shipped off.
I helped in the mold room one day when we didn't have any metal to work on. Actually I spent the week in there. They will often mold in pieces, so that is why he is missing some body parts.
I am so stinking proud of doing the patina on this piece. my manager had her way of doing it, and the first time I did the piece I did it her way, though I knew it wasn't the best way--and it didn't turn out perfect. The second time around (it is part of a series) I thought a lot about it, and came up with a different way of doing it. My manager was not pleased, and all along the way kept commenting on how I should have done it the other way, thinking that I was completely messing it up. It turned out PERFECT. I have discovered that I do have skill in something, I do have knowledge and understanding beyond the basics in something, and it is a very big confidence boost. I am discovering that although my managers do have more experience in application and "recipes" (they were trained on the job, they are self proclaimed NOT artists--artists drive them crazy... and now they have to work with an artist hahaha), I really do know my stuff when it comes to color, design, composition, value, and all those things you learn in school as well as in years of painting and drawing.
.jpg)



.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment