It is hard to do everything, but I have found that I get more done, and my ADD is a little easier to manage, when I have a LOT of things to do--and especially if some of the major things in that list of things to do is engaging and fulfilling. It might take a while though to get things done with having so many things to do...
I have been slowly working on my painting. Any slower and I wouldn't be working on it at all hahahaha. I have been feeling an internal push to paint, but I never seem to be able to fit it in. I would like to do it at work in the evenings, but so far haven't had the opportunity to leave home once I get home for the day.
I busted out my paints today, in my tiny living room, and after failing at color mixing, I turned to the internet for help, again. I can not express my love for the internet enough. I found several articles on color theory that were exactly what I needed, and figured out how to solve my road block. Of course, I am too tired at this point to start painting again for the evening, but I know what to do when I go at it again.
And have I mentioned how messy oil paints are? I managed to get them all over my face without even trying. even on my mouth. I have skills. And, have I mentioned how toxic oil paints are? Hence why I washed my lips down with dawn soap. so fun hahaha.
I went to bed with full intentions of going to sleep... and then Ryan put an idea in my head, which of course was like a domino effect and led to a really good idea for my painting, and now my brain is going and won't stop. I wasn't going to get to sleep unless I figured out the specifics of how my idea would work, so I got onto the computer, opened up my Photoshop, and figured out how to redesign my painting for this new idea. The best part is it will only take some minor tweaking but will result in a better composition, and a clearer message.
I really, really appreciate technology like google and photoshop. It makes me wonder if our ancestors ever get angry at how we take it for granted (I have been assured that people who have gone before us do not get angry, because they are beyond such things, but I still wonder :) ). There is absolutely no excuse not to learn whatever it is you want to learn. When I hit my roadblock tonight, my first thought was to pray for help, hoping the answer would just pop into my head; and then I had the impression come that if I really believed that you could learn anything these days, than why shouldn't I be looking it up on the internet? I felt as if I was being taught a lesson, similar to the brother of Jared in the Book of Mormon. We have been given so much in this day and age, we really do not have any excuses not to further our education as much as we can through personal research, etc.
2 comments:
Your blog is so inspirational to me. I know, I suck at commenting, but I read it, and am always grateful for how real you are. You don't sugar coat things or paint an unreal picture. I am amazed at your perspective and how you learn from your experiences. Thank you for continuing to write!
It was a beautiful post, hope the painting is coming along and your enjoying the Christmas season!
www.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com
Post a Comment