- Ryan called from work to say that since he had been working so hard, and doing much better than even his boss had expected, that he would be getting a significant pay raise. Now we will be able to handle the new medical bills showing up in the mail. I am so proud of him for how hard he works, and I am happy that he has found a job he finds fulfilling.
- I found a job, quite by accident and without intending to get a job. I will be watering a ladies lawn this summer, as they are living in Colorado and trying to sell their home here. They have a nice sized yard with a small creek running through it, a tree house, a waterwheel, park benches, lots of large trees, and they are completely okay with me bringing the kids with me. This is a huge tender mercy. I honestly probably would have done it for free because of how much benefit I will get out of it, but it is nice to get paid. We had been sad about how the kids can't play outside at our apartment, and I just felt horrible about that. I grew up climbing trees, building forts, and constantly being outside and I feel it is necessary for children to have that experience. So, for at least four hours a week all summer long (or until their house sells) I can take them over, they can play to their hearts content, while I set the sprinklers and then draw in my sketchbook or even set up my easel and paint. I am seriously very happy about it.
- I am getting paid $50 a week to water this ladies yard!!! So, that will help pay for our yard in Idaho to be taken care of. This is a huge weight lifted off my mind. Part of the money will also go toward medical bills.
- Last night I was contemplating ideas for a painting I am wanting to do, and with the help of a comment from a friend, and inspiration that I feel came from the spirit, I suddenly found myself with an idea so brilliant, that it will actually provide me with artwork for an entire art show. This is the kind of subject matter and concepts and style that I want to do for a career, and I am seriously in shock at how brilliant of an idea it is. Well, I feel that it is brilliant. And so does Ryan. And my sister Heather, lol. She promised not to steal it for a photo shoot idea, because it would make a seriously awesome photo series. I have made the decision not to give out details on the painting, because then I obsess and overly question myself, and have others critique it etc., to the point of never completing it. So, I will spend the next several years (it will honestly take that long) developing this series of paintings, and when it is all completed I plan on finding an agent and getting my work in a show. If I can pull off the work like I see it in my mind, this will honestly be career changing. One of the paintings will be entered into the international church contest this fall, so if it makes it in everyone will get a sneak peak at my series. I'm so stinkin excited. Now I just need to find myself models...
- I FOUND MY MEDICINE!!! well, technically Ryan found it. It had rolled out of my purse and under the seat in his car. I remember thinking I needed to check under the seats... but of course promptly forgot to do so. I also found the prescription for when this medicine runs out.
Saturday, May 17, 2014
such a good day
Yesterday was such a good day, that I wanted to post about it. It's random things, much like the majority of my blog...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great day!!
Post a Comment