
http://pinterest.com/pin/275352964688745646/
I'm getting excited for my trip to LA. As a class we are supposed to make "thank you" gifts, also called leave-behinds or something like that. Anyways, they are for the people at the different museums, etc. that are going to be helping us with behind the scenes type tours. The other class members have been less than enthusiastic to participate, so I came up with a gift idea, and we are slowly getting it going (and the teacher LOVES it). Above are pictures of the basic idea of what we are doing.
we are going to basically make an accordion book (contained in a box) that will include artwork from all those going on the trip. The purpose of these types of trips is for students to get their work noticed by publishers, etc. with the hopes of getting a job. Obviously, I am not looking for a job, and I am quite aware that my art work is not yet up to the standards Dream Works, and others in the art community, are interested in. However, I am still taking the project seriously, and maybe it will prove beneficial to one of the other students on the trip as a means to gaining recognition in the art world. I will post pictures when it is complete and awesome :).
I just finished reading Othello... it took a lot longer than it normally takes me to read because I had trouble focusing. I feel so accomplished getting it done, simply because it took me several hours today, because I kept getting distracted. Random thing to blog about, but oh well :).
I'm so ready for spring. And I want to be doing yard work instead of homework, but I keep plugging along. On a happy note, I'm getting all a's and one b. That is pretty good, I think, for being a mom taking 15 credits.
On a frustrating note, I have NO idea how I'm going to finish my last four or five (its under debate right now what exactly I need to graduate) classes in order to graduate. BYU no longer offers them online (I'm hoping they simply pulled them for spring, and that they will be available again in the fall). I'm trying to see if another school offers them online (they have to be transferable to BYU-I). Ryan and I were talking about what I would do if we can't find them online- I mean, seriously to come so close to graduating, and all those years of work, only to stop 4 or 5 classes away from a bachelors!!!?? I don't know. Ryan said I'll just have to be content with an associates, but I won't be content with that, not after all that work. I did have the strong impression when I started school again that everything would work out, so I will keep chugging along and have faith that it will all work out for the best, whatever that is.

2 comments:
What a great idea! Good luck getting your classes. I'm really impressed with what you've accomplished.
That's a really cool idea. I wish my husband's school had done some things like that so his artwork could be noticed. We're pretty much over the drama of working in public schools these days but it's hard to know what he could move on to. Sigh. Glad you are such a smarty to have an awesome idea for your class!
Post a Comment