I went on the internet and googled Sao Miguel---
yeah, that's right... he is on a tropical island where Hydrangeas grow like weeds. (I seriously found tons of photo's showing the Hydrangeas) They are used for hedges.... I immediately turned to Ryan and told him we needed to move to Sao Miguel... :)
here is his newest message:
So I did get transferred. It’s a place called Ribeira Grande. It's pretty close to the ocean!... actually it's sitting about 500 miles out in the middle of it... yep I’m sitting on the island of São Miguel in the Azores ha-ha it was a bit of a shock. They called me up at about 10:00 pm Sunday night (February 17) and said "pack your bags you have to be in Lisbon by 7:00 am tomorrow morning!" I don't think they realized it's a 6 hour bus ride. So they changed it. I grabbed a bus at 9 the next morning, traveled to Lisbon, I had an hour and a half to get to the office weigh my bag (I could only take one) and get to the airport. Grabbed a plane at 6pm and arrived in São Miguel at 8:30pm slept at the missionaries house in Ponta Delgada then grabbed a bus in the morning and got to my area Ribeira Grande. I then found out that we have nowhere to do internet in Ribeira Grande so we waited until today. Yeah it's a bit of a change. But then they surprised me on Saturday and told me "oh by the way you're being called as the first counselor in the Branch Presidency; yeah quite a change from my last area...
photos courtesy of:
http://www.theodora.com/wfb/photos/brazil/brazil_photos_06.html
http://www.123rf.com/photo_1768722_azores-typical-flowers-at-the-island-of-sao-miguel.html


No comments:
Post a Comment