TRIFLES
I have been thinking a lot lately, about how we tend to get caught up in our own lives, and we forget about those around us. We rationalize that we are too busy, that they are fine, etc. and yet we know, from our own experience with the trials of life, how lonely and painful life can be at times. I wish that people would serve each other more, show more compassion in day to day life. We complain about our wards or towns or schools not being friendly enough, and yet what are we doing to make it better? Are we out bringing a loaf of bread to someone, or dropping off a dinner to a young family, or stopping by a widows home to just chat? What would the world be like if we did?
As a side note of clarification, I am aware that the following play/story is not as much about having charity for each other as it is about how woman are treated, but when I read it, the part about charity kept popping into my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment