Friday, December 28, 2012

the closet

As I was scrubbing the glue from the pink flowery wall paper boarder off of Ethan's wall today, in preparation for painting his room a nice shade of grayish-blue, I suddenly came up with the perfect idea for what to do about his closet doors. He has a "custom made" closet that looks like a giant cupboard, with hand made doors which are fairly thin and not so pretty... just plain boards really. They are currently the same shade of pepto bismal pink as the walls, but I didn't want to paint the entire room blue... that would just be too much (along with the already blue carpet). I didn't want to paint the entire closet white either, because it is rather large in relation to his room and would stick out if it was all white. I don't have time to do anything extremely crafty like stripes or faux painting techniques. I suddenly thought of the idea of painting the doors with chalk board paint!! His room is going to be so cool when it's done, and I'll post pictures... although it might be a while until it's all done. I'm also going to do a map, on some old wood and make it look old and weathered... but I don't know when I'll get to that project.

http://ms-smartie-pants.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2012-03-13T09:19:00-07:00&max-results=3&start=3&by-date=false