Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Time to paint walls...

So, I am back to figuring out what to paint the walls of my home. I have three rooms figured out or done, leaving the kitchen, hallway, laundry room, bathroom, and master bedroom.

I've finally decided for sure what kind of feeling I want to portray with my paint color choices/decor items. I want a English country cottage type feel- I have a small home that feels like a cottage, and I want something earthy, warm and comforting without being too heavy. Basically, I want to draw in the feeling of a country garden into my home...

I would love opinions on paint color choices. I love green, and gravitate towards it, but I also love some creams, browns, and yellows.... I also am considering bringing in color in things like some home made roman shades in the kitchen (future project... maybe).

The picture to the left is of Benjamin Moore tree moss (darker) and dune grass (lighter). http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for-your-home/our-favorite-paint-colors-color-schemes
                                  The above paint color is Tony Taupe. http://www.storiesofahouse.com/2012/04/our-paint-colors.html
I love the wall color here with the other colors, but I don't know what it is....
http://www.huntwood.com/showrooms/kitchens/craftsman/an-artists-cottage/

These are just several ideas... any input would be appreciated.

1 comment:

Margie said...

I love the earthy tones as well. My sister said a good tip she got at one time was to pick out your upholstery first and then pick a color off the upholstery. So a color off of your couch or roman shades or decorative pillows. That way it's easier to match instead of hunting for the perfect fabric to match the green shade you put in your kitchen. Good luck!