Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Really good recipe


My roommate Krsitina and I made this recipe multiple times back in college, and it is very delicious. I made this today and was reminded how much I loved it and decided to share it. I didn't have a photo of it so I found a picture of tomato soup off the internet. I don't think I would suggest putting cilantro with this recipe though (like in the googled photo).

Western Tomato Soup
3 strips of bacon cooked and crumbled (or more depending on your taste preferences)
1/2 cup finely diced celery.
3 tbsp finely diced onion
1/4 cup finely diced green pepper
3tbsp flour
2 cups milk
1 can tomato soup
16 oz can stewed or diced (whichever you prefer) tomatoes
1 1/2 cup tomato juice
saute onion, celery, and green pepper in bacon fat until limp not brown. drain most of fat, and add flour. Stir and cook for a minute or two. Add canned tomatoes and saute for a couple of seconds, and then add the milk and stir to dessolve the flour and deglaze pan. remove from heat. In a sauce pan combine the milk mixture and the soup. heat and stir until smooth, and then add the tomato juice. Stir until slightly thickened, and garnish with the bacon.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Kristinas usually know what they are doing. :)

CK said...

Oooo This sounds SO good! Wow! I will definately have to try this. Thanks!

The Figgins said...

Sounds good. I'll have to try it.

My name is Becka said...

wow, that sounds amazing!!!

Blog Archive