Monday, August 9, 2010
Book Question: I would love feedback on this one.
Today two college students from Estonia came by selling educational books for children. Normally I find these kinds of things to be annoying, as most of the claims are silly and i hate having people try to sell me things. You know how it is, they try to tell you how their books are different than most and will make your child a genius, but in realty the books are not any different than normal books you could find cheaper elsewhere. However, this time I actually think these books are worth it. Here is a link to their website: http://www.southwesternathome.com/ Here is the series I want: http://www.southwesternathome.com/Southwestern-Company-Products.aspx?p=131 Ryan wasn't convinced, so I'm going to try to save the money myself and hopefully find a way to buy them at another time. The books I decided I wanted to buy were the Ask Me series which are hard bound scientific/educational type books with beautiful illustrations and pictures and they are very interesting- I would love reading them myself. So, has anyone seen this type of book (the kind that your children would actually like to read) in a series for cheaper than $166 for 14 books? I figure buying the books one at a time from a book store you end up spending $11-$15 a piece for a nice book. It's exactly what i've been wanting to get, so I would love if anyone knows of a similar series for cheaper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, these look fantastic! They are probably worth the money. My style: Keep an eye out for something similar at garage sales/DI. If I can find something like that, great! If months pass and I still don't find anything like that and I find myself saying multiple times, "right now would be the perfect time to pull out one of those books. I definitely would use it," than I consider purchasing them full price. helpful? hope so. Love ya Andrea,
CK
Funny I should read your blog today. My laptop is currently propped up by two books that my husband bought from a bookseller from estonia of all places. (He came by our place last year). They are the Explore and Learn series. They are pretty good books, but I think highly expensive for what you get, they end up being about 35$ per book if bought in a set. Books are expensive if bought new, so I usually check out the DI and second hand stores. I have amazing books in great condition that I like even better for 25 cents to $3.00 each.
The books look beautiful. And I think $11 a piece is actually a great deal. I think the thing that would be most important is if you truly think your cutie would enjoy and learn from the books. If you can find a book that is similar and give him a few days to get familiar with it and see if he eats up the information, then they would be a great resource.
<3 Becky
Post a Comment