Ryan had this picture on his computer, and I thought it was funny. It kind of ties into the following about being judgemental, in that we can sometimes get a little full of ourselves....:) it says :I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
Right now I just felt like blogging about some thoughts that have been going through my head. I went to the RS Broadcast on saturday, and President Monsons talk has stuck in my head. How sad is it that we are all so judgemental? I know I struggle with this, and it hits so subtely that often you don't even realize you are passing judgement. My mom on sunday had a man at church come up and start getting upset at her because he saw her driving across the bridge in town talking on her cell phone, and he felt she deserved a ticket. Funny thing is, my mom doesn't own a cell phone, so it wasn't her, but he was insistent that it looked JUST like her and the same car and everything. She could then turn around and judge him for judging her. I wish I personally wasn't so quick to judge others. I find that I subconsiously categorize people: She looks mean, or she looks kind, she looks smart, they don't look very intelligent. Often we really don't mean to be rude and judge, but it's so subtle and it comes so naturally that we don't even realize we are doing it. One of my husbands greatest qualities is that he is almost completely non-judgemental. I really admire him for that. He sees people purely as people and doesn't think, oh I wouldn't want to be friends with them or they wouldn't want to be friends with me, he doesn't notice what people are wearing, or how they do their hair. He is friends with anyone who is kind to him. if someone is nice to him, he is nice back, but if they ignore him he shrugs it off and moves on. I'm working at being more like that, and not being offended and not judging or catergorizing others.
3 comments:
I joke about judging, and it really is a joke most of the time, but we all judge. It's natural. I think it's when we treat others poorly based on those judgements that it really becomes an issue.
Wow, this is a really good post. It really hit home for me. I'm so glad I can associate with you! You are one of those good friends that I really hope rubs off on me ;)
Love ya!
-CK
I must agree with you. His talk on judging has stuck in my head too. It is all part of striving to become as He is. I've since been very conscientious about it and am working on it.
I wish I lived closer to you. I'd really like to get together with you on a regular basis and let our kids play. You are a great gal.
Post a Comment