Saturday, February 6, 2010

Recent and not so recent sketches

These are several drawings I've done recently. Ryan challenged me to draw something new every day and post in on my blog, so that I would be constantly creating new things. unfortunately we are having some technical difficulties with our scanner, so it's taken a while to get them uploaded (I had to wait and use Ryan's mom's scanner). I drew these all in pencil, I'm not a big fan of pencil, I prefer charcoal, but pencil is less messy to work with. I want to thank Kim, I used several photos of her boys for several of the drawings. Kim, you take the BEST children photos, I frequently look at your blog for reference photos.
These are some basic figure sketches I've been doing from a worksheet I got back in college. They are very good for teaching you the very basics of anatomy. It would be nice to actually study anatomy, but these work pretty well also.


Several sketches from college. The first set I did from photos I had or my roommates had. The second was of one of my roommates, Tina. I started to draw another girl leaning on her shoulder, but that girl got a phone call and left before I could draw her in. It would have been really a cute picture to have them both in it.





3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

These are great! You are so talented.

Oh, and your comments about Cabelas totally cracked me up.

CK said...

Wow! That first one looks really great!

Kimberly said...

Holy Smokes. You are so good! I'm flattered that you like the pictures I take. Perhaps I should post more frequently, huh? haha...I've kind of been in a lull lately! Feel free to use any photo you like. Seriously...I *love* looking at your work. And I'm glad Ryan challenged you to draw every day. That's so great!

Blog Archive