Friday, February 26, 2010
It was a long night.
So I had this bright idea a couple of weeks ago to take the child proof knob off of Ethans bedroom door, thinking that since he was three he should learn to stay in his room without being trapped in there. I was thinking in terms of nap time, and putting him to bed, I didn't think very much about if he were to wake up during the night, since he normally sleeps pretty well all night long. The other day I accidentally tripped on the cord to the cd player in his room and it fell and is sort of broken, so he hasn't had music the last couple nights. I think that might have been the problem last night when he decided to wake up at 3:45am and come tromping out of his room. He got mad that I didn't want to get up and make breakfast and so he went back to his room for a little while, which surprised me. A couple of minutes later he was back, and when I told him to go back to his room as it was still night and he needed to sleep he said "Good Night" and shut the door. It cracked me up, because I didn't expect it. So, I waited to hear his door close and didn't hear anything and so I went to find him, and he was on the couch in the living room. I took him back to bed, and tried to get him to sleep but for some reason he just couldn't sleep. He finally went to sleep after 6 some time. Fun stuff. Lesson learned, one- I have to lock him back in his room so I don't have to worry about him getting out and turning the stove on (I caught him doing that the other day mid-afternoon), and two- I need to buy a new cd player so he can have his music when he sleeps. He didn't always have the music, but I found it really helped, and now it appears he has some trouble sleeping without it. There is also the possibility that he's getting to the point where he doesn't need naps during the day....but I REALLY have been dreading the day that happens. It won't be horrible, but I really enjoy nap time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, no. Naps seem to be the best thing about being a parent!
Not the best thing, but definately a helpful thing.
Sorry you had a rough night! I hope tonight is better. I love nap time too.
Post a Comment