Thursday, September 11, 2008

He Spoke!!!!

The other night when I was reading Ethans book with him, I was teaching him signs for the different things in the book. I was working on cat with him, which he seemed to like when I helped him sign it. I pointed to the picture and said "say cat", wanting him to sign it. he fidgeted and then signed cup, and please, and then all of a sudden said "Dat". I was ecstatic, but not really sure that he had really meant cat. I took him upstairs to try to get him to do it again for Grandpa, and he did, and Grandma and Ryan both agreed that they heard it to. He hasn't said it again since then but I was still excited. Today when he was done with his lunch he came and got me because he wanted something more to eat. I asked him if he wanted a banana, and he signed banana for the first time on his own, and then when I put him in his seat and asked him again if he wanted a banana he said "na-nanna". I jumped up and down and was really excited. Now, several months ago he did learn to say Daddy, but then he stopped saying it in reference to Ryan, and now he never says it at all. I'm hoping that with more prodding and work he will retain these words.

8 comments:

jlbunting.com said...

That's awesome. You are doing a great job teaching him. Keep it up, it will totally pay off. Good luck on your moving decision...Ryan should check out my company - they have offices all over... :)

~KoJo~ said...

YEAH!! So exciting! You sound like you are doing a awsome job teaching him. Where are you moving??

andreamichelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

Yea! I know EXACTLY how you feel! All the hard work is paying off! Way to go Ethan!

Brian and Lindsay said...

Oh, that is so awesome!! Good work!

Kristina P. said...

I think baby talk is so cute. Love the banana.

Jenni said...

Hurray for Ethan. And you for all the hard work you've been doing. I'm sure he will really start to pick it up now.

KristiKay said...

Usually once they start to talk they pick it up really quick, especially if you've been signing with him. It's SO fun when they start to talk! It's like you get to see even more of their little personality coming out. Good luck!

Blog Archive