- I've decided to convert Violet's room back into my art studio. She insists on sleeping in the same room as Ethan, and so I figure it is pretty silly to waste a room just for clothes and a bed that no one sleeps in. Tonight I'm going to get Ryan to move her bed to Ethan's room (she has been in a pack n' play in Ethan's room for several months now, she might as well have a mattress to sleep on), and then we will get some plastic to put down in Violet's room to protect the carpet, and I will set it up to do art.
- I have been very motivated to do art recently. I have several commissions I'm working on, as well as some art that I promised to do and hadn't yet done. I have a large painting/project that I have decided to do that will take a year to do and will be amazing if I can pull it off. I'm pretty excited and I want to start it immediately, but that is hard when one of my main characters in the painting lives in Salt Lake, and another is moving to Montana... it will all work out, and it will be awesome when it is done. And I'm entering it into the 10th international church art contest next fall.
- I'm working on a commission painting, and about a week ago I put it aside because I ran out of orange paint. I figured I'd start up again once I had a chance to buy more orange paint.............did you know that red and yellow makes orange? Yeah, so did I. But I forgot. Last night all of a sudden I remembered, and did a head slap of "oh brother" type embarassment. So, I've started the painting again.
- I went to google some artwork from my favorite watercolor artist, who also was my watercolor teacher at BYUI... and found out that he died last year! then of course, knowing my brain doesn't seem to work as well as it used to (after all, I forgot how to mix red and yellow to make orange) I wonder if I did know and forgot that he died. But, in any case, I felt a sudden loss at having him gone. I was friends with his grandson, who was going to BYUI at the same time, and I have happy memories of painting on location, and of hanging out at Brother Bird's house with Rylan and another friend, Celia. When Ryan and I moved to Salt Lake, one day I decided to break out my paints, and I discovered mold growing on them. I panicked and called Brother Bird. He playfully scolded me for not painting enough with them that they would grow mold, and then told me how to clean them.
This is one of Brother Birds watercolors that hangs on campus at BYUI, and it is one of my favorites.

1 comment:
Beautiful painting!
Post a Comment