Lately our life has taken unexpected turns, and we are now back in the job hunting process. I've felt relatively calm about it up until this evening, and tonight I had my first real panicked thoughts. This led me to the contemplation of whether I could get a job that would provide for our family in the event that Ryan didn't find one.
Yes, I am fully aware that I picked a field of study that does not easily result in high paying jobs. I knew that when I picked it. I knew it when I decided to finish it. I guess I've always had faith that Ryan would be able to take care of us with his bachelors and masters degree in a relatively good field, and I still have that faith... but, I did consider tonight the possibility of art teaching jobs that may pay enough to take care of a family.
I don't think they exist, hahahaha. We would both have to work, and we may have to do that.
However, I did find one job that made me smile. The job was for an art instructor position at a hotel/casino in Vegas, for a class offered as a sort of entertainment type draw for the hotel. The "art instructor" would have to learn choreographed dances, and be very flamboyant in personality. The way the ad described the position, it was quite clear that the hotel was looking for the cliche flamboyant homosexual without actually coming out and saying that is what they wanted. I just found the ad to be rather amusing, and it made me want to go watch this “art class” sometime just for entertainment sake.
For the record, I did find several art school positions for teachers in
No comments:
Post a Comment