I've been working for several months at getting into shape with little outward signs of success. We have been doing pretty well at waking up most mornings, however we never seem to get a full work out completed.
The last two weeks I decided to work even harder, so I started skipping working out in the morning and instead went to working out by myself once Ryan and Ethan had left for the day. Ryan has been extra tired lately so he appreciated the reprieve from waking up early, though I think it would be good to try to do it again in the mornings so he can work out as well.
I started drinking as much water as I could remember to drink--every time I thought I was hungry I first took a drink of water. I also started trying to eat more veggie type meals. For example, I started having just a plain sweet potato for a meal, Brussels sprouts and a little bacon for another meal, salads with a small amount of chopped meat in them, or fish and seafood.. I tried to cut down on sugars, and fats (though, I don't really have a problem with fats).
Last week I started weeks 5-7 of the lean program on P90X. I had been sticking mainly to the weeks 1-4 up until now trying to just get better at those routines, but I realized I wasn't losing anything and felt like I had plateaued. When it came to the third day of the week, and it was a weight lifting day, I really wanted to ditch the prescribed work out and do cardio, because I kept thinking that weight lifting wasn't going to result in weight loss... but I decided to stick with the routine since these guys know more about getting in shape than I do.
I quickly learned I was very wrong, and I'm so happy I was wrong. I have lost 7 lbs in the last two weeks!!! 7 doesn't sound like much, but they were very hard to drop! Granted, I have felt stronger from the work outs up until now (though I also feel very worn out and sore), but it is nice to see the lbs finally start to come off. I have a total of about 15 lbs to lose, mostly I'm just sad when I can't fit any of my clothes in my closet, and of course there is the lovely baby tummy that makes me look like I might be a couple months pregnant... I am happy today to finally reach the first goal in my weight loss--I wanted to get below a certain number and this morning I did. Happy day.
1 comment:
Hooray for you!! That's awesome!
Post a Comment