Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Stuff


I drove my sister to a wedding of one of her friends in Rexburg Saturday, and after dropping her off went over to campus to walk around for a moment and eat lunch. These pictures show what I miss about BYU-I. I didn't think I missed school anymore, but apparently I was wrong. I stepped in the Taylor and a wave of memories hit me. Surprisingly, I didn't have quite the same reaction to the art building (the Spori) as much as the Taylor (it was the religion building, and we had church meetings there as well).
If I were to do it all over again, I think I would pick horticulture as my major. 
I do really miss having the open studios to go paint/draw in. A wave of nostalgia hit me when I entered the studio rooms. 
  

 Two of my favorite pieces of art (currently hanging in the Taylor), by one of my past (now retired) teachers, Brother Bird.
 I do not miss these drawing horses. I actually got back pain just by looking at it... lol
 My clematis is beautiful. Granted it is only about 5-6 inches high, but still, I love the color.

Iris's looking beautiful.

 cuddling on the couch waiting for Aunt Stephanie to show up.
 I was grateful for all the help painting our house. I messed up picking the color, and it wasn't what I had thought it would be, but it looks much better than it did.
 I was washing sheets and came in to find hunter all cutely curled up on my clean sheet-less bed... yeah, he got booted, but not until after I took a picture. I found Tinker curled up in my sock drawer, and they both got thrown outside.
Does anyone else have trouble getting their kid to eat? Violet won't eat enough, and then either wakes up during the night starving, or wakes up super cranky and hungry in the morning. But she won't eat. One day she will act like a certain dish is her favorite and eat it up so fast. The next time I make it she won't even touch it. Yesterday she didn't eat lunch or dinner. I even relented and gave her a second option of scrambled eggs for dinner which she ate maybe 3 bites of before saying she was done. So, around 3 in the morning she woke up hungry. I gave her some milk and brought her into bed with me because she wouldn't stop crying. Around 4 I could feel her little hand patting me on my back very sweetly. It was clear she wasn't going to go to sleep because she was still hungry. So, I got up and gave her a yogurt which she only ate half of. Luckily she ate oatmeal and a banana for breakfast today... and only a string cheese for lunch. My mother-in-law always says that a kid will eat when they are hungry and won't starve if food is put in front of them, but I wonder if Violet wants to prove that theory wrong. All morning she laid around with her blanket and binki, and I don't know if it's just cause or if she doesn't have the energy cause she won't eat. 

1 comment:

ShelbySpear said...

I had a lot of mixed feelings when I went back to Utah a month ago. Lots of nostalgia. I was really sad at the thought that all my friends at that time have moved on, and all the kids there now made me feel old. Your Clematis is gorgeous!!! Seriously BEAUTIFUL! I didn't even know Stephanie was coming in to town, I hope you guys had fun! That's so weird about Violet not eating; I don't have any advice since I don't have any kids, but that can't be fun.