Sorry for the lack of pictures with this post, my camera is still broken.
I thought I would blog about Ethan, and the funny things he has been saying and doing lately. His speech is getting better and better, the biggest problem now is pronounciation, but over all he is doing so wonderful in my opinion. Every day he says something new that I didn't know that he knew, and it makes me smile. His favorite phrases lately are: I don't want it!; Wait, wait, wait!; come with me; listen to me; just a second; Ethan said yes! (when I say "I said no");Okay mom; Super Ethan!, I need it!, I'm Fine! (when I ask him to do something he doesn't want to do). He say's a lot more than that, but those are the ones he repeats often.
He has started saying "choose the right!" only he doesn't understand the meaning and thinks it is in reference to directions or choosing which foot to put his shoe on. Grandpa asked him one day what way we should go in the car, and Ethan responded "Choose the right!"
Ethan can be difficult when I want him to go to bed, and lately we were having problems with him throwing tantrums. I started having him say, in his personal prayers, "help me to be nice to mommy and daddy and listen to them". One night he started to throw a tantrum and I said what I always say, "Ethan you need to be nice", and Ethan responded, "yes, Ethan needs to be nice because Heavenly Father wants me to".
Yesterday he came with me to the dollar store to pick up something and he discovered the toy isle. He comes running over carrying this big box that had a race track and three cars in it, and said he wanted it and needed it. I told him no, and that he needed to put it back. He had a meltdown and cried all the time i was in the store and all the way home. After telling him he couldn't watch any movies since he threw a fit, I also sat down with him and explained that he needed to listen when I told him no, and that I did not have toy money at the moment. He responded quickly by saying "Ethan has money". He than ran into the living room and returned with his piggy bank that he had been playing with earlier. I was surprised he thought of that, and I told him he didn't have enough money to buy the toy. Ryan arrived home at that moment, and I translated what was going on. Ryan thought it was pretty hillarious. We decided to have him do some chores around the house to earn money. When he had done a chore, he came back and said "have money please?" and ryan gave him a couple coins after inspecting his work. Ethan than ran and got his coat and backpack and said he wanted to "store, buy three cars!" It took a while to get him to understand that he still didn't have enough money, and that it would take some time to earn it. The whole incident was so funny! I knew I would eventually have this discussion with my children, but I didn't expect it so soon.
I will post other things he's said another day, since this post has gotten so long. I wish I had pictures to go with it, hopefully we will get our camera fixed soon or buy a new one.
3 comments:
So cute! Good job mom and dad. And congratulations on your little girl on the way.
"Ethan said yes"
And "Choose the Right" getting into the car! What a cherub! Love it!!!
Can't wait to see you guys this summer!
-CK
Great stories. I love the one about the dollar store!
Post a Comment