Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bday parties, work, baby, and new calling

We decided that it would be fun to have a small birthday party for Ethan at Grandma and Grandpa Anderson's, since his birthday this week coincides with beet harvest (I think it's beets...). Ethan had a fun time opening gifts, and loved all of them. I still plan on having another birthday party for him and inviting some little boys over. I haven't quite figured out what i'm going to do and when, because I am now working part time, but I think it would still be fun to do.
this is Ethan battling Brandon with the light sabers (sp ?) Ryan got him and Brandon is using Boise Bronco noise makers he got for ethan. Ethan loved all the presents. I'm not sure the light sabers were a great idea for him, it will be quite interesting trying to keep him from breaking something with them.... :)
Another reason for going up to Grandma and Grandpa's was to announce that we are expecting a baby in April. We won't have a due date for a while, without random guessing, so we will wait until the ultrasounds to announce that. I heard the heart beat on Friday, and it's amazing how something so simple as the sound of the heart can make you feel such peace.
As I said, I am now working part time, in order to pay for insurance and help out with finances for the time being. I enjoy my job so far, I work as an in-home caregiver to a boy with a form of Muscular Dystrophy (sp?), and I'm finding that it can be a very rewarding field of work. The other caregivers that I work with seem to be very caring, compassionate people, and I think this will be one of those jobs with little co-worker drama. I do not like co-worker induced drama, so I hope it continues to be a good work place.
This next sunday I will also start being in the YW presidency as the 2nd counselor. It will be announced next sunday, but no one from my ward reads my blog, and no one that reads my blog knows anyone from my ward, so I think it will be okay if I put it on here. I was very overwelmed when they gave me the calling, but even though it's definately not a calling I would aspire to, I do believe it is right. Especially when the brother who extended the calling quoted almost verbatim a paragraph from my patriarchal blessing, I knew that it was something I needed to do.
So, that has been my crazy life lately.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Wow, sounds like you have a lot of good things happening, Andrea.

jlbunting.com said...

Congratulations on the new baby! That's very exciting. And good luck with your new calling! I've never worked in YW, that seems intimidating to me. I'm sure you will do a great job.

Margie said...

congratulations Andrea. You must be feeling well if you are able to take on a new job and calling while being pregnant. I hope all the new changes continue to go well.

The Robert A. Meier Family said...

Congratulations!, and you'll love Young Women's.

My name is Becka said...

Oh yay! I'm so excited to find out what you are having. You are the sweetest person!
And those young women will be so lucky to get to know you. I always loved the young Young Women leaders.
Aaaaand, I am very excited to try your sweet potato fries. I've actually tried these before but they were a horrible flop. But after I read your post they just sounded so tasty I have to try them again:)
love ya!