Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away.

I feel like blogging today hoping maybe it will help me feel better.

Today has been one of the saddest days of my life. I'm not going to explain it all here, that's too personal, and I'm sure it's not something everyone wants to read about. I did want to say some things I've learned from my sadness.

1. I have a testimony in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and in the Book of Mormon. I know it's true in my heart and in my soul.
2. You choose who you will be, and if you don't choose you might find you don't like the person you have become, so choose. (original quote taken from the Iron Giant, and modified by me a little).

3. Teenagers are hard, and I do not look forward to having them. Can I just sleep through that part? j/k. But, I pray and hope that a mighty miracle will happen and my children will not greatly rebel. You want the best for them, you want them to grow up happy and you know which things will bring them the greatest happiness, and which things will bring them only sadness and pain. I don't know everything, but I do know some basic things about what brings happiness and what brings pain, and I hope that if nothing else my children will believe me on the important things. If they want to question the health benefits of broccoli, oh well, but the big choices in life that are most important, I hope they believe me and choose well.


4. I've gotten to the point on certain trials or things that bring me great sorrow where I feel so helpless, I've done all I possibly can. And I realized that the only way out of the problem would be for a miracle from Heavenly Father, for Him to send help. So I believe in God, and miracles, and the power of prayer.


There was a video on MSN a while ago about an LDS mother whose 16 month old son had drowned in the bath tub and he had been pronounced dead at the hospital. They were able to finally get a heartbeat after 40 minutes or so of trying (i'm not sure if that's total or just once they got the hospital), but he was in a coma. the doctors told the parents that the likelihood of him coming out of the coma was slim, and that he probably would have to re learn everything. He did come out of the coma, and was not brain dead and was the same boy they knew. The interviewer was asking the parents questions about them leaving the baby un-attended in the bath tub, and the mother sat there on national television and bore her testimony on the power of prayer. Her testimony moved me so much, to see her say it on national tv. I knew that what she said was true. God made it possible that her son got the right doctors who knew the right methods to use, it was through God that he was saved.


So, back to my original point, I believe that Heavenly Father will help. We don't always know how and when, and we don't always recognize it when it happens, but it will happen.

Toddler drowing article and video, I highly recommend watching the video:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35820985/ns/today-today_people/

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/35833923#35833923

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Yeah, good luck with the teenager years! I think people don't understand how kids can change so quickly.

I literally just got off the phone with a mom whose daughter refuses to go to school and doesn't have any motiviation. And it sucks, because really, there's not a lot she can do.

andreamichelle said...

I wish these kids would just listen when it comes to the really important things, I wish they could understnad how important they are.

My name is Becka said...

Oh Andrea, I wish I could make you feel better.
Might I say that you are very poetic. And I seriously mean that. Your post was so easy to read, it flowed well, and yet it really lets the reader know how serious you are.
You voiced my opinion on raising teenagers perfectly.

:scary.

Kimberly said...

Stay strong. You are an incredible woman. I know that this persons life is better because they have you in it.

Love you!

CK said...

Hope you feel better soon!!!