Today was Ethan's first day of primary. Our ward doesn't have a teacher for his class yet, so the sunbeams went with another class, and from what I could see it was all boys under the age of 4, about 8 all together with the two sunbeams. Ethan was very cute sitting on his little chair in line with all the other little boys. The other sunbeam was not happy about being in primary, once he realized it meant no more nursery he was quite miserable for the first little bit. Ethan handled the transition really well, mostly because the class was full of other little boys, and I never pointed out to him that there wouldn't be any more nursery. I think if I made that clear to him he might be upset. I came by to check on him at one point, the teacher was in the middle of talking about homes, and Ethan was counting to 20 (it's one of his favorite things to do right now), seemingly oblivious to everything that was going on in the class, BUT he was still sitting on his chair, which is a pretty impressive thing knowing how much energy he has. It's sad and sweet to see Ethan grow up. It's sad because it seems to be happening so quickly, but it's sweet because he's so happy and cute, and it's fun to see him getting smarter and learning new things.
2 comments:
I'm glad he did so well! Go Ethan!
I love the pic of Ehan on your blog! And he can count to 20!? When did THAT start happening!
Post a Comment