Since losing my wedding ring several years ago, I have been looking off and on for a replacement ring. One of the problems I've faced was that diamonds have increased in price so much. My original wedding ring now costs almost 3 times more than when Ryan bought it in 2004. I loved my ring, and was very sad to lose it, but as I've been looking at diamond rings I just don't find them "that" pretty, like when you see something you think is pretty in a store, then you check the price tag and think, never mind, its not that pretty. Plus, when I think of paying that much money, I think of all the other things we could get....bigger and more important things, and I talk myself out of it. Then I happened upon some pearl engagment/wedding rings and I fell in love. I've always loved pearls, and honestly I find them prettier than diamonds. I think they are timeless, elegant, and beautiful. At one time pearls were more valuable than diamonds. Also, the tradition of a diamond wedding ring was started in the 1920's (my source might not be credible, but it sounds about right) as a marketing scheme to boost sales of diamonds. So, this is my new ring goal, for when we have the money for a ring, I think I want a pearl ring with diamonds on the sides. I don't know what color of pearl yet, or what design, because there are so many beautiful ones to choose from.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Pearls
Since losing my wedding ring several years ago, I have been looking off and on for a replacement ring. One of the problems I've faced was that diamonds have increased in price so much. My original wedding ring now costs almost 3 times more than when Ryan bought it in 2004. I loved my ring, and was very sad to lose it, but as I've been looking at diamond rings I just don't find them "that" pretty, like when you see something you think is pretty in a store, then you check the price tag and think, never mind, its not that pretty. Plus, when I think of paying that much money, I think of all the other things we could get....bigger and more important things, and I talk myself out of it. Then I happened upon some pearl engagment/wedding rings and I fell in love. I've always loved pearls, and honestly I find them prettier than diamonds. I think they are timeless, elegant, and beautiful. At one time pearls were more valuable than diamonds. Also, the tradition of a diamond wedding ring was started in the 1920's (my source might not be credible, but it sounds about right) as a marketing scheme to boost sales of diamonds. So, this is my new ring goal, for when we have the money for a ring, I think I want a pearl ring with diamonds on the sides. I don't know what color of pearl yet, or what design, because there are so many beautiful ones to choose from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think it's beautiful. Diamonds are overrated anyway.
I couldn't agree more! The ring in that picture is BEAUTIFUL!! I love that WAY more than a lot of diamond wedding rings. And yes...diamonds are overrated :)
I love this black pearl ring and what a good idea to have a different stone.
I love the ring! Very pretty. If you are set on a diamond, check out the man made diamonds. They are beautiful, and a fraction of the cost. I would still be sad if I lost my wedding ring.
Post a Comment