Violet has been really having a hard time. She won't eat enough during the day, and then she wakes up very hungry and demanding around 4 am. She then keeps us awake until 7 as we try to get her to go back to bed. She also hates sleeping in her own bed, and wants to sleep in our bed, which is not a great idea because for one, she keeps us awake. Plus, she just needs to sleep in her own bed. So, each night is filled with melt-down; repeated requests for milk--or actually chocolate milk--and I tell her no, she can have regular milk; requests for more books, cereal, songs, cuddling... I tried taking away naps so she would stay asleep all night, but then she is exhausted and falls asleep on the floor or in my arms, so I reinstated naps, but I wake her up at 4. I really don't know what to do. I give her meals, she just won't eat them, even if it is something she likes. She seems to go in phases of eating and not eating. Yesterday she had oatmeal, cereal, a couple green beans, a spoon or so of macaroni and cheese, and a couple bites of eggs with bacon in it. And chocolate milk. It is 8:17 am and she is exhausted because she ended up in my bed at 4 or 5 this morning and begged for cereal off and on for the next several hours. She always seems so listless and lacking energy, and it makes me worry. *sigh.
The other problem is that she won't go to Ryan at all, unless we bribe her. It is starting to hurt Ryan's feelings. She used to be Dad's little buddy but lately we can't even get her to barely sit on his lap. I keep telling myself that it is just a phase.
Lack of sleep is making me grumpy, that and having failed my third attempt at a painting I'm working on. It is a gift for someone, and I want it to be really amazing. Today will hopefully be a successful attempt number 4. And hopefully I'll also get the house clean...
No comments:
Post a Comment