My mom and my brother came through on their way to the MTC back in April. Unfortunately for Charlie, he had car trouble, which meant he and my mom had to sit around my house for an afternoon. It was nice having them visit, though. He is going to be serving a mission in Portugal for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for two years. Right now he is in the Missionary Training Center having a crash course in portugese... :)
some cute pictures of Violet. I love my green livingroom, but I promise it's not as intense a color as the photos show. Or maybe it is... I don't know :)
My dogwood tree bloomed! I didn't think it was going to bloom this year, the flowers started out as tiny green hips which slowly grew and changed color 5 times. seriously. They started out green, than changed to red, than pink, then lime green and are now almost white and dying. It was the strangest thing, but I love that it bloomed. And that it didn't die of course....
Ryan and Ethan went with Ryans family to Lagoon a couple of weekends back, and had a blast. I stayed home with Violet to work on schoolwork and paintings. I'm hoping to spend this weekend painting again, and it would be wonderful if I could get this current painting finished.
Ryan pulled out his lego ships a couple weeks ago, and him and Ethan had some epic battles. Ethan spent a great while playing with them very carefully by himself by the window. The light was beautiful, so I took some pics with Ryan's phone to use a reference photo's for a future painting. This was the only pic Ryan sent to my e-mail, it's not the best out of what I took, but I still think it's cute.
I have been working hard trying to do school online, taking 13 credits. I'm also attempting at trying to keep the house clean, laundry done, and keep up with yardwork. It's been crazy. I work one day a week for several hours, which adds to the hectic craziness. We are making it, though, and I am pleased to say that for the first time in my life I am gettting straight A's. I am learning so many cool things that I'm dying to share with anyone I can, but most people really don't care to have a discussion on the creation of the universe or the early history of the American government.
I think I have worked it out that I won't be going up to Rexburg this fall for classes, after all. I decided that getting the Bachelor of Fine Arts in 2D studies was an unnecessary thing for me and my family, and would require more than I can give at this point in my life. So, I decided to go with the Bachelor of Arts in 2D studies. I will take as much online as possible, but I will still have to go to Rexburg for at least one advanced art lab class. It just won't have to be this fall, it will probably be next spring. The difference between the two majors is the fancier major requires that I go to Rexburg for two semesters, plus produce a portfolio of artwork that is held to very high standards. I still want to be a professional artist, but I don't have the time to devote to constantly producing artwork of the caliber needed.
I've gotten a lot of negative thoughts and comments from people on the subject of me going back to school and going to Rexburg for a semester, but I know in my heart that this is the right course and it will all work out. I should be done with school by the end of next spring, and I'm so excited for that. I'm also greatful for the positive, uplifting and supportive people in my life who are helping me figure out the best route to take to achieve my goals while having the best impact on my family. I'm also greatful for Ryan for supporting me in this, it would be near impossible to do if he wasn't supporting me. When I'm finished with my schooling Ryan said we could have a really nice art show for me to make up for me not getting the BFA like I always wanted. It makes me happy to plan on that.



2 comments:
I think it is great that you are back in school. I am very impressed by women who can do that after they have kids. Good luck!
I wish I could see your kids more often. They grow up so fast!
Post a Comment