Friday, October 14, 2011

Ethan's Good News

I had a meeting with Ethan's teachers, principal, and speech pathologist today to go over his IEP (individual education plan). I love his teachers, they are wonderful. They work so well with him, and he is doing so well that they said if he were to be tested today he wouldn't qualify for speech therapy. This is remarkable improvement since a year ago he could only say a few words, and now he can form sentences, and ask/answer questions. Luckily, they only test every 3 years, so he can still have the help he needs. It was nice to sit with people who know my child as well as I do, and go over the concerns I had. I have had many people express concerns to me over different things Ethan does or does not do, and it was nice to sit with people who could put my worries at ease, and know that they are working with him. I'm so proud of him, he surpassed their expectations for speech and development so much that it took them completely by surprise. He is one smart little boy :).

3 comments:

jlbunting.com said...

That is great news. That's great that you like his teachers.

CK said...

Andrea, this IS great news! I hear so many people complain about our school stystems so it is so good to hear some positive things about it as well. i am so glad that Ethan has improved so much. He is the CUTEST little boy!!!!

PS I like your new blog layout too ;)

Amber and Mike said...

Wow, that's so good! You have such a cute family, by the way. It's been forever!

I haven't seen or heard from Tonya either, do you by chance have her new number? Her old one I had doesn't work. (my email: corbridge.amber@gmail.com)

Thanks!!
Amber