Monday, August 8, 2011

My Sweet Peas

Ethan has been so good with Violet, he tells people that she is his Violet. He can get her to stop crying, and she lights up whenever she sees him. He can get her to laugh more often than mommy. She loves her big brother, and I'm going to work hard at helping them to always be friends.
I've started feeding Violet solids, and she LOVES vegetables. She'll tolerate fruit, but you can't spoon the veggies in fast enough. She is really good at using her tongue and tries really hard to talk. She is getting better at making sounds, and will let out random squeaks and squawks that crack us up. She has discovered her hands, and yesterday she discovered her feet. Pretty soon she will have them in her mouth along with her hands. :). She is the sweetest baby, and even though it looks like she might be beginning to teeth, she is only mildly fussy. She is getting better at playing with toys, and reaching out and grabbing things.

My friend Mirinda gave her a doll, and she loves it. She cuddles it up against her face. It's very cute.


This is one of the boys I work with (i'm only a substitute now) holding Violet. The two brothers love Violet, and she likes riding around on their wheel chairs.


5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Awww, looks like she is well loved!

CK said...

This is the sweetest post! I love seeing Ethan with her!!! I wanna come visit you guys again...

My name is Becka said...

I love that last picture :)
Does she still like veggies?
I'm coming home soon! I'm excited to see you!

Blaine said...

I love the picture of Violet sleeping on the couch. Her headband is adorable!

Blaine said...

... and this is actually Becky writing, I must be signed in as Blaine...