Wednesday, April 14, 2010
I'm trying to find a part time evening job I can do to help supplement our income, and I must say I hate applying to jobs. Ryan is always amazed when I bring home these applications and they want to know everything short of your mothers maiden name and social security number. The job application process has taught me something about myself. I'm okay with not "climbing the corporate ladder" in a matter of speaking. Many jobs want you to aspire to higher positions in their company, and in the past I've always felt like it was a bad thing that I did not to want a career, but honestly I think as long as I work hard and look forward to going to work each day, I'm okay with not working my way up. Everyone has their unique talents and gifts, and I think I'm finally coming to accept what I want and know that it's okay if what I want is not what everyone else wants. I always knew I wanted to be an artist and a stay at home mother, so I am okay with not having a third career.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I actually feel the same way. I like my job and my position. People keep telling me to apply for a supervisor position and I don't want it!!
Post a Comment