Friday, June 4, 2010

Painting and progress on the yard.

Today I felt like painting, so I started working again on my current painting. Ethan found me and decided he wanted to help me paint, on my painting, and could not understand why I wouldn't let him. I decided to set my other easle up along with some poster paints and acrylics and give him a couple old paintbrushes and let him paint on one of my ugliest (it was hideous) college paintings. He loved painting, except he doesn't like getting paint on himself or on the floor (which is nice, but slightly inevitable). He ended up with paint all over himself even with the plastic bag on, but that is part of the fun of painting. He liked when I showed him he could mix the colors and get new colors, although he didn't want the colors to mix (he had 4 seperate brushes going by the end of it). I also thought it was cute that he sang while he painted.

The mess that is our yard. Ryan's dad came up and helped him move part of the fence back. It looks so much better now, it's much more open feeling. Ryan rotatilled a small part of the new area for me to have a garden, and I started getting it ready to plant stuff and discovered that there were definately more rocks than dirt. So, I'm thinking I might bring in some dirt and make a raised bed veggie garden. I've started digging up the front flower beds, and expanding them also. That fern planted in the front was over growing it's area so I had to dig out a bunch of it. We also planted our dogwood tree in the front yard (sorry, no picture yet), and i'm hoping it survives... We also are moving that swing some where (it won't fit on the porch, so we might get rid of it), the previous owners left it there.





our lovely backyard. makes for a lot of mud right now.

This is the fence after they moved it back, originally it was almost flush with the hot tub.

this corner is where I am putting my veggie garden. This picture was before I had the large pile of rocks going.
We arent' sure what we are planning with the hot tub. the previous owners let their dog chew up the cover, and those covers are expensive. It also leaks, and Ryan is trying to figure out if it's cost efficient to patch it up, and if it will even work then....we will see.

2 comments:

CK said...

Hey Andrea! Turning the new house into a home, eh?
I love those pictures of Ethan painting. The second one has so much energy, movement. Its almost like I can hear music playing as he paints. Way cute.

Love ya,
CK

CK said...

PS can't wait for that inspired painting!

Blog Archive